Sunday, February 15, 2009

Enthusiasm is the yeast that raises the dough


If you haven't noticed, most of my posts are not really about food. I mean, superficially, they are but when you look at the content, it's really more about memories. My love of cuisine just happens to strongly associate what I eat with what I am doing, how I form memories one may say. It's this joy that I like to capture. It's like a scrapbook centered around my stomach (not literally, obviously).

Which is why, for example, that I am drawn to things like the previously mentioned Lost Nights at the bar. I am very influenced by the atmosphere that surrounds me. When people are excited, I get excited. But when they're not, why bother? It's a problem. I don't want to eat with people that can't match the enthusiasm I want. Because it is supposed to be about more than satiating hunger. It's supposed to be fun.

Maybe I'm doing it wrong. But it's why I love it.

No comments: