Sunday, March 8, 2009

Madelyn and I met up Thursday in honor of TNBC (well at least the day starts with a T). Her unverified lead led us to a wild goose chase but concluded with a stop at Olive Tree Cafe.


I guess it's part of The Comedy Cellar, which explains why there were projections of Charlie Chaplin movies on the screens. It was fun though. And the tables were slate, designed for the patrons to draw with the house provided chalk. Mad sketched out her next painting design for me, a robot in space. It was pretty sweet. Our server was careful not to place our drinks over it as she worked. I wonder what he thought about that. I wonder what's the weirdest thing he's seen.

Obviously I had the cheeseburger. The fries were nothing spectacular; not bad just mediocre. The burger had a nice heft and came plated with plenty of lettuce, tomato, and onion to make a salad. And the brioche bun had a crusty exterior but was puffy held the juices well. It was also not split completely apart, making a nice pocket for my burger fillings, making sure things didn't slide around.

Ultimately, it was filling but forgettable (I feel like I say that a lot) It wasn't bad, and I'm sure the comedy is good here (My beer was certainly nice). But it's kitchen is altogether just another bar food kitchen (not that that is necessarily a bad thing).

3 comments:

Kyle said...

"I wonder what's the weirdest thing he's seen."

Well, for one, I would bet that he's seen a lot of dicks.

Madelyn said...

the slate tables are the best part.

Betty said...

ahem. i was there too.