Sunday, November 9, 2008

Informal Introductions

Everybody eats. Almost everybody loves to eat; I know I do. And I hate work, so after I gave up on one blog, I'm starting another...you know instead of doing real work. I've spent over three years in New York City and still feel like a tiny speck in the sea of cuisine out here and I hope to change that.

Some things you should know about me:
1. I'm an NYU student (kinda broke) minoring in Food Studies (found it too late to make it my major [chemistry]).
2. I grew up in Southern California and have a soft spot for amazing Mexican cuisine.
3. My meal of choice is probably cheeseburger, curly fries, and a coke.
4. I'm easily pleased by even the cheapest, greasiest, or generic foods...as long as it's what I was supposed to expect.
5. Like most New Yorker, I believe waiting in line for an hour seems to make the food that much better.
6. I love potatoes, meat, cheese, breads, and spicy...in that order.
7. I'm mildly allergic to shellfish, so aside from a taste of my friend's entree, I rarely eat it.
8. I hate eggplant, am wary of vegetarian options disguising themselves as meat (tofurky comes to mind), and am often criticized for my dislike of "bits in my things" (for example: nuts in brownies, seeded baguettes, or chunky peanut butter).
9. Though I love breakfast, I am not a morning person...so unless it's like a 1pm brunch, chances are I won't be able to make it.
10. I used to be a distance runner (before my knee injury) but tend to still eat like it (aka, as much as I want without abandon). I'm trying to grow up a little...with little success.

So here's to what should hopefully be a good read. Or at least a fun distraction.

No comments: