Sunday, May 24, 2009

Too Young to Care

I promised myself after finishing college that, amongst other things, I would start eating better. Coupled with the fact that I am broke, you'd think I simply would finish the 10 pounds of pasta sitting in the pantry before we move out of here. Instead, in true unemployed hedonism, I've been eating just as poorly.


I've written ad naseum about Professor Thom's before, but I really love this place to death. It's sorta one of my favorite bars. Also, thanks to Lost Night, I have a regular bartender! She was very happy to see me on Saturday and I dunno if I should feel like it's Cheers or time for AA. Either way, after a day at shopping in SOHO (I love Uni Qlo) with Kyle and Julia, I met Jill at the park, to enjoy the fountain slash grumble about not graduating there, then we headed to the bar to grab a drink and catch the Sox game. Though I no longer have team affiliations really (I used to support the Dodgers), I still love the game. And beer. And Fish and Chips. Though it was a Saturday Night, fleet week, and a beautiful day, the bar was busy but not packed and lively but not noisy. PT's is truly how I want my sports bar to be. Even if it is a Sox bar. It still feels like home. And as always, get the nachos, they feed an army.

And tonight, Julia, in her infinite kindness, called me up and told me she was near Boston Market and picking up dinner. Awesome. I rounded out the night with some Birra Moretti and pudding packs. And while chain food has a lot of flaws inherent in its very nature, I love the shit out of Boston Market (and Panda Express for that matter, someone needs to open a Panda Express in Manhattan. doooo it.).

Two nights ago, we drank Forties, Olde English, so Jules could knock that off the old to do list in her life, and I was instantly reminded of how old I am. Though it got better over the next hour or so, I forgot how bad it tastes. And how I'd rather drink beer from a glass with greasy food and friends than from a brown paper bag. Even if it costs me 5 times as much.

Stay tuned because someone is making one last run at Brother Jimmy's tomorrow, and it promises to be a good one.

No comments: