Sunday, April 12, 2009

Home is where the heart is?

I'm really sorry about these puns, titles lately have become harder to come up with than I am used to. Anyways, I think I have recently mentioned my love of bar dining culture: fried foods and booze. And I still dream of going back to Sunset in Boston. With that taste still lingering in my mind and on the tip of my tongue, I asked my friend Josh, visiting from UC Berkeley, to join us for dinner at Heartland Brewery.


Heartland brewery is everything one would expect from a gastropub: distinct beers and hot food.

I had a Buffalo Bock and a Pulled Pork Sandwich with cajun fries. The Bock was dense and cut and the Pork's tangy sweetness that accented well with the seasoning of the fries. It was a mess for sure, but all barbecue should be.

To be fair, this draft has been sitting half written for too long. And I just need to get this out of my system.
A little pricey, to be sure, and I could never afford to make it a local hang out (much as I wish I could) but worth it.

But looking back, I enjoyed my experience thoroughly. Maybe it was the company, but I now have a fond association of this place. I think it's the perfect place to meet with an old friend, have a solid beer and a good meal, and both catch up on new developments and reminisce of fond memories.

No comments: